Swim bike run for GOSH. GOSH stands for Great Ormond Street Hospital. GOSH has saved my life and I had multiple heart surgeries there. One day, I came home from school and I asked my mum if I could take her sports medals to school because everyone in class must show and tell a story. My mum said yes. She also said, “you could get your own sports medal and show and tell your story too!”
I never thought of that was possible. I said yes to my mum straight away and that I want to do it. My mum also discussed this with my cardiologist. I have one strict rule to follow when comes to sports, that is I must stop exercising when I feel chest pain or dizzy.
My mum starts sending me to swimming, track running and cycling lessons. Fast forward, my mum signed me up for kids running and triathlon races and fundraise for GOSH at the same time.
I did not stop there. I continue to swim bike run for GOSH and other charities that help babies born with congenital heart defects. So far, combined effort with my parents. We raised £2039.92 for the following charities.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children Charity.
- The Sick Children Trust
- Make A Wish Foundation
By participating in the following activities:
- 2015 SwissAlpine Kids Run 1.4km by Amelia herself
- 2014 Henley On Thames Kids Triathlon by Amelia herself
- 2014 Westminster Mile Run by Amelia herself
- 2013 Fun Triathlon at Dorney Lake by Amelia herself
- 2012 Bupa London 10K
- 2011 Adidas Women’s 5k Challenge at Hyde Park London.
- 2011 Mount Kinabalu hiking expedition (1 December 2011)
- 2010 Bupa London 10000.
- 2010 British Heart Foundation Hyde Park Jogs